Goodbye Lupus

51d8d6maccl-_sx331_bo1204203200_

For the past few days, I’ve had the pleasure of reading called Goodbye Lupus: How a Medical Doctors Healed Herself Naturally With Supermarket Foods by Brooke Goldner. This was suggested by one of my wonderful followers. Thank you so much for this suggestion because it was a wonderful read.

In her book, Dr. Goldner speaks about how she was diagnosed with Lupus at the age of 16 and how dramatically her life changed after that. While studying to become a doctor, she faced a number of illness’ including arthritis, kidney disease, and blood clots. It became so bad that it interfered with her education.

When she was 23 years old, she met her now husband, who is a health guru. He introduced her to a special diet that eventually led to her complete recovery from Lupus and it’s attached illness’. She calls it, The Healing Nutrition Plan. She breaks it down into 6 easy steps:

1. Eliminate Animal Products- Animal products, such as chicken, beef, pork, lamb, and fish (and eggs and dairy products) can cause major inflammation in the body.
  2.  Eliminate Added Oils- Eliminate excess omega-6 fatty acids. Too much omega-6 fatty acids (found in animal products and vegetable oil) can cause major inflammation
  3. Eliminate Processed Foods
  4. Eat plenty of raw fruits and vegetables
  5. Consume Omega-3s Everyday- Can be found in fish oil and plant-based products, such as seaweed, flax seed, chia seeds, and walnuts
  6. Drink plenty of water- Dr. Goldner recommends at least a gallon of water a day

I would definitely recommend anyone who is looking for a healthier lifestyle to read this book. I think it is a helpful resource, not just for those who are struggling with a chronic illness, but anyone who wants to live a healthier life or if you just want more energy throughout the day.

She shares her struggles and triumphs while dealing with a chronic autoimmune disorder, along with wonderful smoothie recipes for the entire family. Her journey is truly inspiring. I will definitely be following a lot of her advice, especially increasing my water and raw vegetable intake.

You can find her book on Amazon by clicking here; Goodbye Lupus or Sign Up for 30-day free trial with Kindle Unlimited by clicking here; 30 Day Free Trial Kindle Unlimited and you can read it for free.

“I encourage you to say ‘I will have my life’ out loud. It helps. This is incredibly important to believe and fight for. If you let it, Lupus can rob you of your life and your dreams – so don’t let it do so!” -Dr. Brooke Goldner

55 Comments Add yours

1. Such an informative post! Thank you for sharing ❣

1. My pleasure! Thank you for reading ❤️

2. tracyw says:

Yay! So glad you liked it and hope you find it helpful with your symptoms!!

Liked by 1 person

1. Thank you so much for your suggestion. It was a wonderful read. ❤️❤️❤️ I learned so much

3. Inspiration for those seeking healthy lifestyle 👍👍

4. potluckycom says:

Thank you I shared this information with my girlfriend who has Lupus. Thank you

Liked by 1 person

1. My pleasure. She won’t regret it, I promise. Thank you for reading and commenting 🤗❤️

1. potluckycom says:

Yes , you are very welcome. Have a blessed day!

5. samiksha says:

I have read her both the books, she’s truly an inspiration. She’s live streaming from January 21-28, taking classes on “how to reverse autoimmune with supermarket foods”. You can ask her any query by registering yourself at webinarjam.net from jan 21-28. Her next class is on Thursday on “3 foods essential for healing and how to make them a part of your routine. Do watch.

1. Absolutely! Thank you for sharing ❤️❤️

6. samiksha says:

I have read her both the books. She’s truly an inspiration. Do watch her online streaming classes from January 21-28th where you can ask any query related to lupus or any other autoimmune disease by registering yourself at webinarjam.net.

1. I will be watching. Thank you so much for your suggestion 🤗❤️

7. Thank you for sharing this wonderful news!

8. Joanna Lynn says:

Hope her suggestions really help you.

9. Daman says:

You have been nominated for Liebster Award. You may find the details over

1. Thank you so much!!! I will get to it when I can! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

10. Daman says:

Waiting anxiously 💘

11. gaillovesgod says:

Praise the Lord for hope!

12. And what are you doing up so late? Are you making a moss smoothe again? Lol

Liked by 1 person

1. Lol. I’m in a lot of pain tonight, can’t sleep lol. I wish I had the energy to make a moss smoothie! Lol

Liked by 1 person

1. You wanna know what use to help me with pain?

Liked by 1 person

1. Do you roll it and smoke it?

Liked by 1 person

2. Naw I always hated that shit!

Liked by 1 person

3. Oh, what would you suggest?

4. Rubbing herion on my gumbs…. ya

5. 😱😱😱 Aw naw, thanks but no thanks. I’d rather struggle through the pain. 😂

6. Naw I was joking about you doing it…

Liked by 1 person

7. Oh ok. 😂😂I try not to judge, so you if used it for pain management then…🤷🏽‍♀️

8. Well I’m not here to judge.

9. None the less I hope you feel better

13. Krapenitskiy says:

Thank you for sharing this post. Based on the book, how should your meals look like? How many times a day? I’ve been a vegetarian for a year, but I am still struggling with the loss of energy now and then.

Liked by 1 person

1. According to the book, she says raw vegetables are best and to completely cut out fruits that contain a lot of sugar. She really doesn’t mention how often. She suggested to increase your water intake and to drink veggie smoothies

1. I see. Smoothies do help. I think that sometimes I forget how good they are. Maybe I need some time to cut out sugary fruit because I depend on the taste.

1. That’s a good idea. She has a book for special recipes that you can try. Or you can google green smoothie recipes. My grocery budget has been depleted for the month, but next month I’m definitely going to try some of her suggestions. Good luck!! Please let me know how it goes for you

2. Thanks for the advice on recipes. I’ll check them, and will share the results if they do any good to me.

3. My pleasure! Ok great

14. This post is very inspiring. It gives hope. Thanks for sharing.

1. Thank you for reading! ❤️❤️

Liked by 1 person

1. My pleasure to read the sweet things you write.

1. You’re so kind ❤️

15. SamanthaKO says:

I’ll have to check this book out! Thank you for sharing.

1. My pleasure! Thank you 🤗❤️