The United States has been poisoning the American people with genetically modified food organisms since 1996. Genetically Modified Organisms, or GMO’s, are defined as organisms, such as, animals, plants, and microorganisms, in which the DNA is altered to where it is unable to occur naturally.
Our government decided to use GMO’s to alter our food to enhance desired traits, such as, improving nutritional value and increase resistance of herbicides and to provide “long-lasting” products. If you do not know, herbicides are chemicals designed to kill unwanted vegetation, such as, garden weeds.
There are several reason why this was a bad idea:
- In 1999, Europe discontinued the use of GM food due to a high-profile case stating the dangers of GM foods.
- Dr. Arpad Pusztai, a hungarian scientist, first began to notice the negative effects on the human body and DNA caused by GM foods. Jeffrey Smith, founder of the Institute for Responsible Technology, is leading the movement to eliminate genetically modified organisms (GMOs) in the United States. Jeffrey Smith did an interview with Dr. Pusztai, where he described his experience with the government and gm foods, stating, “Dr. Arpad Pusztai… has been gagged and told that if he talked about what he knew, he would be sued. Well, by an order of parliament, his gag order was lifted and he could finally talk about how he discovered that genetically engineered foods were inherently unsafe and could create all sorts of damage — just from the process itself, irrespective of what gene you put in.”
- GMO’s are extremely unhealthy
- AAEM (American Academy of Environmentally Medicine) encourage doctors the prescribe non-GMO foods to their patients
- Animal studies show that GM foods caused GI and immune system disorders, organ damage, accelerated aging, and infertility issues.
- Human studies show that GM foods can leave materials inside of us, causing long-term problems and health issues.
- FDA scientist found toxic insecticides produced by GM corn inside the blood of a pregnant women and their unborn fetuses.
- The number of Americans with (3) or more illness’ increased from 7% to 13% within 8 years GM foods were introduced
- Food allergies increased dramatically.
- Disorders, such as, reproductive disorders, autism, and digestive problems increased.
- GMO contamination is FOREVER
- It has been determined that self-propagating GMO pollution will out last nuclear waste and global warming.
- GMO increase herbicide use, causing more chemicals around our organic foods and environment
- Between 1996 and 2008, farmers used 38 million pounds of herbicides on GMO’s.
- Government oversight is lax
- The FDA (Food and Drug Administration) does not require safety studies
- Companies are allowed to sell food to the public without notifying the FDA.
- FDA scientist have gone on record to say that “GMO’s can create unpredictable, hard-to-detect side effects”.
- Independent researchers are being attacked
- Scientist that have spoken out about the dangers of GM foods have been attacked, gagged, threatened, fired, and denied funding for their research
- In 2001, New Zealand Parliament member Sue Kedgley told the 2001 Royal Commission of Inquiry on Genetic Modification: “Personally I have been contacted by telephone and e-mail by a number of scientists who have serious concerns about aspects of the research that is taking place…are convinced that if they express these fears publicly, even at such a commission. . . or even if they asked the awkward and difficult questions, they will be eased out of their institution.”
- GMO’s are harmful for the environment
- Monarch butterfly population down by 50% in the U.S. due to habitat elimination caused by GM crops
- GM crops and herbicides are known to harm wildlife, such as, birds, insects, amphibians, soil organisms, and our ecosystems.
As you can see, the use of genetically modified organisms in our food causes long-term damage, not only to your body, but to our plants and animals. Research shows that if we, as a society, stop buying GM foods, that it’ll force the government to discontinue their use of GMO’s. It is definitely easier said than done. I mean, GM foods are a lot cheaper than organic foods. But, there are ways that you can try to cut out GM foods in your diet.
Grow your own fruits and vegetables and you don’t have to be a professional gardener to do it. You can practice by going to your local Dollar General or Dollar Tree and buy everything you need to garden under $5, including seeds. Grocery stores, such as Aldi, offers organic foods for a low price. Make sure that you see on the product that is “non-gmo”. It is usually on the bottom of the product.
Stay Healthy. Stay Happy. Stay Free!
Dear friend, I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you, even as your soul is getting along well. – 3 John 1:2