Lets discuss meditation and how well it is coupled with aromatherapy. Aromatherapy is defined as the art and science of using naturally extracted aromatic essences from plants to balance, harmonize and promote the health of spirit, body, and mind. Meditation is defined as, one who spends time in quiet thought for religious or relaxation purposes.
There are so many great benefits to meditation, such as:
- Reduces stress
- Improves concentration
- Increases self-awareness
- Encourages a healthier lifestyle
- Slows down the aging process
- Benefits cardiovascular and immune health
- Lower blood pressure and heart rate
- Less Anxiety
- Improve blood circulation
There are so many ways to Meditate, but we’re only going to concentrate on the easiet way. Then, when you become more comfortable, I will introduce other techniques.
This meditation exercise is an excellent introduction to meditation techniques.
- Sit or lie comfortably in a quiet space.
- Light your Harotian Essential Candle
- Close your eyes.
- Make no effort to control the breath; simply breathe naturally.
- Focus your attention on the breath and on how the body moves with each inhalation and exhalation. Notice the movement of your body as you breathe. Observe your shoulders, chest, and belly. Simply focus your attention on your breath without controlling its pace or intensity. If your mind wanders, return your focus back to your breath.
Maintain this meditation practice for two to three minutes to start, and then try it for longer periods.
If you find that your mind wanders a lot during your session, remember, this is new for you. They say it takes 21 days to learn a habit. Well, it’s the same thing. The more you meditate, the more you will be able to “shut down your brain”.
Anyone can meditate. You do not have to be an expert. Meditation is all about calming the mind and spirit. Over time, you will find yourself more relaxed in stressful situation. You may also find that the things that used to bother you before, no longer bother you.
If you have any suggestions or would like to share your experience with meditation, drop a comment below and lets talk!